6 May 2008

NEW ARRIVAL - PAIGE PREMIUM DENIM

Paige Adams-Geller has been the designer jeans industry’s secret weapon for almost a decade, being the ‘fit model’ for almost every A-list premium denim jeans label. Her long and successful reign as the celebrity jeans industry’s most sought after fit model was, perhaps surprisingly, due to her curvy, not-too-thin figure, which it appeared; more accurately represented that of normal female consumers.

Far from being a ‘dumb blonde’, Paige was an A-grade student, raised in rural Alaska, who graduated from school two years early. She puts her demand as a model for womens designer jeans as much down to her brains as to her body and in particular, her ability to communicate well. “I think the reason I had a lot of success is because I wasn’t just a person that stood there as a hanger while other people made suggestions” says Paige “I like people to know I have a brain, so I became very vocal as a fit model for designer jeans. I learnt the technical as well as the creative side of the premium denim jeans business… to see how I could make my hips look smaller, my legs longer, butt higher if I place pockets in certain places”. The difference between fit modelling and catwalking, she says is simple “It’s about having an eye for detail and design and not being afraid to speak out about it.”

Paige now channels all her knowledge and experience of fabric and fit into her own label Paige jeans, based in Los Angeles, the home of premium denim jeans with her Paige Premium Denim styles named after the streets of LA.

No comments: